The Proud, the Strong, the Many
Be proud. Employers need you!
- Veterans with disabilities are the proud, the strong, and the many. Your skills, aspirations, and strengths matter now as much as they ever did.
- As a veteran with a disability, you are not alone. There are 61 million adults in the United States who have a disability.
- America’s employers need you.
- Don’t quickly assume that someone with your disability could never do a particular job. You can do a job with adjustments (accommodations) for your disability.
- Don’t believe the hype! Challenge and question assumptions about your disability.
- People with disabilities are in all job types and all sectors. On average, they perform their jobs as well as (sometimes better) than those without disabilities.
- When considering your career options, remember that you will be able to use an accommodation when you’re working.
- Disability is a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Some disabilities are obvious to others; some are not.
- Jobs for veterans with disabilities are not about charity or pity. They are about employers who need your skills and talents to move their business forward.