Finding Your Career Path
Your interests, strengths, and aspirations
- Your talents, strengths, and career hopes matter now as much as they ever did.
- People with disabilities are in all types of jobs and career sectors.
- You do not have to limit your career search to certain jobs for people with disabilities.
- Begin choosing a career path by considering your strengths and career aspirations. Then, consider what accommodations or supports you might need in this career given your limitations.
- Focus on your strengths, manage your limitations.
- Talk with your career counselor. Start your career plan with the Veteran’s Career Planning Workbook.
- Find out more about the career outlook (how many expected job openings, qualifications needed, pay level, and work environments) for specific jobs by using the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Find out about job accommodations for veterans at the Job Accommodation Network Veterans’ page.